Managing development, operation and maintenance of company’s fixed assets is no easy task, but today’s asset management information systems know how to handle it.
Enterprise Asset Management System (EAM system) is an information system focused on increasing company’s performance and cutting the cost of maintenance, repair and logistical support without compromising reliability.
XDSoft Company implements projects for the automation of processes and asset management based on IBM MAXIMO software.
The IBM Maximo system is a single solution to manage all types of assets: production, transport, infrastructure, public resources, buildings and structures, as well as IT assets.
IBM Maximo is equipped with specialized industrial solutions, which include, above all, the solutions for the Electricity and Utilities sector, oil and gas, transport, as well as additional modules, for example, those to manage linear assets and solutions for service providers.
Maximo solutions allow managing all physical assets by using a single platform that enables organizations to implement innovative developments and to use standard inventory systems, resources and personnel. You can optimize the company’s operations with Maximo solutions by maintaining peak performance of assets and maximizing return on investment.
The expanded service-oriented architecture of Maximo Asset Management includes six modules.
- Asset management: all features and tools needed to closely monitor and effectively manage data on corporate assets and their placement throughout their life cycle.
- Work management: management of planned and unplanned asset maintenance works, from generating work requests and orders to registration of activities that were actually carried out.
- Service management: definition of service offerings, establishment of service level agreements (SLAs), more active monitoring of service levels and implementation of escalation procedures.
- Contract management: providing for the full support of contracts of sale, rental, lease and warranty, of employment contracts, software supply contracts, general/group contracts, complex contracts, as well as specific types of contracts defined by the user.
- Materials management: access to full information on materials related to assets and their use.
- Procurement management: support of all procurement operations across the enterprise, including direct purchasing and replenishment of inventories.
Benefits of EAM Systems
The implementation and use of EAM systems within industrial enterprises provides for:
- Improved productivity of labor and reduced personnel costs
- Timely required repairs that would reduce the number of failures and defects
- Increased performance of equipment
- Increased equipment life
- Reduced operating costs
- Management of contractors, as all repair information is filed at the customer’s side
- Reduced inventory excess
- Duly collected historical data, which are the basis for statistical analysis and forecasting
- Regulated and arbitrary analytical reporting
The implementation of EAM information system allows for up to 20% of repair fund savings.
This is due to:
- Reduction of insurance reserves by 40%
- Increase of staff productivity by 15%
- Increase of inventories turnover by 65%
- 30% more complete and accurate accounting of cost
- Reduction of transport and procurement costs by 60%
- Increased turnover of funds in the transactions by 30%
- Reduced administrative costs by 30%
MAXIMO System, the leader among EAM systems, gives a company high-quality tools to enhance its competitiveness, and these tools make it easy to achieve the abovementioned benefits.